ROCKING A PARADE?
Today was the annual fundraiser/parade for the local Catholic Church. Every year they close the road and mess up people coming to our Church. This year we decided to mess up... participate in their parade.
Danny, our Youth Pastor, got us a monsterous semi with a flatbed and signed us up for the parade. We strapped our huge sound system to it (Large enough to kill a small child) and decorated with bails of hay. The theme was "Harvest in Jamul", pretty gay but at least we got to dress up like dirty hicks. The time came for the parade and we drove down the road rocking hard.
I was pleasenty supprise at the response from the crowd. It was weird singing our normal Youth Group songs for a secular audience, including Alma Pigeon (my girlfriends "stone cold" mom... Yikes). Anyway, I guess people enjoy rock and roll no matter what kind it is.
So today we rocked a parade, and didn't even scare any of the stupid minature horses!

So here I am, on a float with girlscouts and guys driving little cars

Brian the dirty hick

Jon the dirtyiest of all!

yes... I'm standing on a bail of hay
Danny, our Youth Pastor, got us a monsterous semi with a flatbed and signed us up for the parade. We strapped our huge sound system to it (Large enough to kill a small child) and decorated with bails of hay. The theme was "Harvest in Jamul", pretty gay but at least we got to dress up like dirty hicks. The time came for the parade and we drove down the road rocking hard.
I was pleasenty supprise at the response from the crowd. It was weird singing our normal Youth Group songs for a secular audience, including Alma Pigeon (my girlfriends "stone cold" mom... Yikes). Anyway, I guess people enjoy rock and roll no matter what kind it is.
So today we rocked a parade, and didn't even scare any of the stupid minature horses!

So here I am, on a float with girlscouts and guys driving little cars

Brian the dirty hick

Jon the dirtyiest of all!

yes... I'm standing on a bail of hay



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home